LeadingAge Ohio Awards Program
The LeadingAge Ohio Annual Awards honor individuals and organizations that embody excellence in aging services leadership, are models of quality and innovation, and are making outstanding contributions to our field that merit recognition.
LeadingAge Ohio member organizations and/or individuals associated with them are eligible for consideration.
Award Criteria and Nomination Forms
How to Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the 2019 LeadingAge Ohio Awards program will open March 1, 2019. Submit award nominations online no later than April 12, 2019, using the applicable entry form below. Unless indicated, supplemental materials and/or letters of support are not requested or required.
Award submissions must be submitted using the online entry forms below. For questions or issues accessing the online form, please contact Jennifer Taylor at 614-545-9028.
Entry Form Prep Tips
Answer all questions on the entry form for each award nomination you submit. Provide as much supporting detail as possible without exceeding the requested word count. Be sure to convey in your answers how the nominee meets the criteria indicated for that particular award. Finally, save a copy of what you have written for your records.
Click on the criteria for each award category below to view the requirements and questions to help compose your answers. You may find it helpful to compose your answers offline, then cut and paste them into the online form when ready to submit your entry. In your answers, provide concrete examples of leadership, innovation, achievement and impact, as applicable, that support your statements about why the nominee merits recognition.
2019 Award Categories
Aging Services Impact Award:
Board Member of Distinction Award:
Emerging Leader Award:
Excellence in Innovation Award:
Excellence in Volunteer Service Award:
Excellence in the Workplace Award:
Heart of Hospice - Rose and Sam Stein Award:
Visionary Leadership Award of Honor:
Awards Selection Process
Nominations for the 2019 awards program will open March 1, 2019 with a submission deadline of April 12, 2019. The Awards Committee will judge the entries and present the slate of winners to the LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors in mid-May. We will notify award winners in late May so honorees can make plans to attend the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show in Columbus, Ohio, August 27-29, 2019, to accept their awards. Although we are unable to defray winners’ travel expenses, each winning individual or organization will receive one complimentary registration to the LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show.
You also will be notified in late May if your nomination is not selected for an award. Even though not every entry will receive an award, all nominations are carefully considered and often lead to additional opportunities to “tell the story” of member accomplishments through such avenues as our website, media outreach, education events and other means.
The committee reserves the right to move nominations to different categories to consider them where they best fit. To celebrate this achievement, those programs/individuals that have been selected will be asked to create a two minute video sharing your thoughts and congratulations around receiving this honor.
Awards Program Questions
If you have questions regarding the Awards Program, please contact:
|LeadingAge Ohio Awards Committee Chair
Ohio Eastern Star Home Community
LeadingAge Ohio Contact
Recognition & Awards
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, e-newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
Director of Communications & Membership
- Manages public relations and the overall image of the Association and its members
- Edits and oversees association publications
- Responsible for Association communications and website
- Provider Membership staff liaison
- Staff liaison to Communications/PR, Awards and Membership committees